2nd Lemon - Router Trouble

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Edimax BR-6574n Wireless IEEE802.11 b/g/n Gigabit Broadband Router
Last week I bought an Edimax BR6226N router for my home setup and it work only for a day. Because of a busy week, I brought it in for a warranty replacement this morning. I brought home the router, set it up not more than a few hours ago and now it's dead... again. This is utterly frustrating. Not only have I been recommending this router to friends and officemates, telling them it's the best bang-for-the-buck router they could get. Now I am having problems with the exact same model I had been exalting not a few weeks ago.

I followed my usual troubleshooting, except for using a different working router (which I don't have, the reason why I bought one). The only common thing I could think of on both routers was that they died after I had ticked the options for the firewall and DDOS protection. Come to think of it, I also set them up with WPA2 using a PSK key from GRC.com's Ultra High Security Password Generator. The first one conked out the next day. This second one just minutes after I had applied the settings. Now that's bothersome and frustrating, expecting the second to work after getting a lemon. After that, I could not get to the admin page, or ping the default gateway. I did multiple resets. I changed cables and tested both cables linked directly to the modem and they worked. I modified the settings on the LAN, hard-setting them to 10 and 100 Mbps on both full-duplex and half-duplex, testing each time with just the DSL modem and then the router. On all occasions, my internet connection worked without the router.


Linksys by Cisco WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband RouterI will have to take this back to the shop I bought it from tomorrow. A week's delay in getting my home network setup is enough. Did I mention this whole situation is frustrating? I'm giving up on this brand and I'll ask for a Linksys even if I have to pay extra. A whole lot extra.






Acronis AntiVirus 2010 protects your family and their computers from phishing attacks and spammers

1 comments:

computron said...

Useful Article. Thanks for sharing. I believe linksys are best networking products.

computron

Free Ground Shipping on Orders $125 or more at EpsonStore
Stop PC Crashes with WinZip System Utilities

Copyright © 2011 Tech Throes | Splashy Free Blogger Templates with Background Images, Trucks